Here are some things my students and I are doing:
- Create your own unique New Year Luck Dragon.
- Give your Dragon a name and an origin story. Tell about her special gifts and powers. Make a classroom book of Dragon tales. Write and illustrate a picture book or coloring book staring your Dragon.
- Think about what you are passionate about or something new you want to learn about this year. Use Art and technology to present a “How to…” Report to your class.
- Describe how your Luck Dragon will help you achieve TWO goals or aspirations this year. Document your work and findings in a notebook.
- Have fun. Report monthly progress to a friend. At the end of three months, celebrate what you have learned and achieved. Create and host a Dragon Celebration in your classroom or school.
- Read Where the Mountain Meets the Moon. Find and read other award winning Dragon books.