Today is Sunday. As such, the MERMAID wishes to share what has been on her mind that impinges upon religion, spiritual, family, or that which has just plain left an impression on her this week and weekend.
1. I will alwuz need God and Jesus in my life. I may distance from them for a bit at times, but I am wired to worship and they are the equivalet of the greatest good I have found to believe in, next to the Law of Attraction, and Godly friends.
2. To LOVE God and others better….I must forsake myself and my will, and let things GO. Difficult….but doable.
3. Kickboxing is King for me as far as fitness goes. Sorry swimming, I will be back for you and coaching in October.
4. While exercise is a good thing, it can be addictive. I need to slow down before I hurt myself seriously. Sleep is important too. Naps come to me like comets. I rode the tail of one yesterday. Wonderfully restful.
5. Grown-ups should aspire to become more like children in following the Golden Rule and in forgiving one another. I saw a sign at the kick box studio that says: Complaints $5.00. This reminded me of a recent email received at school. It was a great email. Wonder how much money is in that jar by now? Also….air conditioning is coming to the teacher’s lounge. I will have to pass for my cool, comfy classroom couch.
6. Never turn a child away…….unless it is part of their improvement plan. But this should be followed up with an increased show of affection. There are fuzzy school rules, and there is a higher law. Jesus did not turn children away. I will have to remedy this at the car line tomorrow, under the watchful eye of a carline NAZI…who means well, but does not understand the situation. There is a child whom I taught last year, who needs me. Her parents are getting divorced. She hides her pain well. She will need a hug.
7. Going to church (the physical building where believers gather) is not the same thing as living the Good Word. Needless to say…..I took the day off from attending the Wardhouse. Nature heals me. AND…..I did not burn the french toast. This is a break through!
8. Being STILL is spiritually empowering. Going fast is a National epidemic in the United States of America. Pearl is a fast horse. Phew! I am going to slow down a bit this week……..even if it kills me.
9. Taking a moon-lit bike ride on the UP Rail Trail with siblings at midnight, rather than attending the Homecoming football game, IS A LOT OF FUN! One must dress warm in Summit County for this activity. Once the sun goes down and the moon comes up…..IT GETS COLD! 32 degrees maybe! Yes, I could SEE MY BREATH!!!! PS- Don’t wear Socks- N- Crocs on a Rail Trail biking adventure. The dew sets early, you feet go numbfully painful and cold, and little pebbles find their way into your shoes. ha ha. Also, what I thought was a continuous mini meteor shower of tiny insects right in front of my face, was REALLY……..ice crystals……..water vapor! I can’t wait to share this with my students. IT’S THE WATER CYCLE! By the way…..we did not see the Aurora Borealis.
10. Crying is sometimes a good thing and tears can work like eye drops to lubricate dry eyes on a dusty afternoon deer trailing run. It can also right a hormonal imbalance, or relieve feelings of grief and loss. Otherwise…..crying is sometimes annoying when make-up is not waterproof. Also, crying is sometimes awkward and misunderstood when seen in others. Hm.
11. Must make a dietary exception for PIE AT MIDNIGHT. MOON PIE? There was a moon. Oh, sorry. It was apple pie, and only a very small piece, and piece, and piece. Ha ha!
12. Parenting is not easy. Sometimes I have to take a stand in behalf of my children. Last night it was for Angel. I broke the unwritten rule of “STAY OUT OF IT, MOM!” A freindship triangle of teen girls went awry….due to child stupidity, faulty communication…..and Angel fell victim to ….unintended exclusion. Hm. When the two friends showed up to conduct the “progressive play date with add on sleep over” I had to intervene and shut it down on my end…..at least for Angel. This was not fun for anyone. This is when I kidnapped Angel and we went to Starbucks for hot chocolate and a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng over due heart to heart. This is when we laughed and smiled with our hearts. 🙂
Looking back…..I’m not sure the careful words I shared with Angel’s two friends were accompanied by a smiling heart. I tried. Angel and Middle, and Mark later commended and thanked me for calling out the two friends for their negligence and usery. Why do I still feel sick over it? Must speak to those two girls again…..in time. They are really great kids. One called and appologized to my Angel. This was good.
13. In an attempt to be more STILL…….I may need to try to be more HOME with my girls and Mark! Duh!
I’m stopping at 13……because it is such a lucky number.